Monday

New Year, New Blog

via thecheapgirl

via greetingsfromvogue

via citified.blogspot

via chictopia

Thanks to a good friend and fellow blogger's bravery, I felt like I was in a position to finally start my own blog. When it comes to fashion I think I have a very different point-of-view than many other self-proclaimed fashionistas. I think it's important to break the so-called rules of fashion. Blending different genres of fashion is perhaps one of the most exciting parts of expressions through clothes. I recently read an article that said in 2012 the author would like to see ankle booties and leopard print fade out of the top trends. I honestly couldn't disagree more with that statement. I definitely think leopard print especially can come off cheap and trashy if done incorrectly (i.e. anything Snookie wears) but can also add such an awesome statement if paired with the right things. Like for example a great pair of booties. Booties should be a staple in every girls closet, and we should all resist the aforementioned "fade out". 

1 comment:

  1. I will be buried in booties and leopard print! Haha Nina I couldn't agree more! This is awesome and encourages me to continue blogging! Love you!

    ReplyDelete